- District 2: all of Andover and 12 precincts in Coon Rapids.
- District 3: all of Fridley, Columbia Heights, Spring Lake Park and Hilltop as well as four precincts in Blaine and two precincts in Coon Rapids.
- Individuals concerned about Anoka County’s Natural Resources should consider filing
- ACD is a non-regulatory county level subdivision of state government
- Each Supervisor serves on one or more committee and some hold offices
- Supervisors receive a per diem (compensation) of $75 per board meeting
- Supervisors average less than $2,200 per year in per diems
- Meetings average one - three per month
- The Board of Supervisors is composed of five members
- Supervisors are elected for four year terms
- Call the ACD office 763-434-2030 to find out more about the role of the Supervisor
- SWCD's Guide to Elections
Minnesota's natural resources play an important role in the state's economy and its citizens' quality of life. Therefore, protecting and managing those natural resources is an important responsible. Citizens interested in leading those efforts are encouraged to run for supervisor of their local soil and water conservation district. Being a supervisor is an opportunity for people concerned with resource management in Anoka County to become involved in policy making at the local, regional and state levels.
Board Chair Mary Jo Truchon encourages all those interested to file and become a part of a special purpose local unit of government that manages and directs a number of popular resource programs, including the State Cost-Share Program. An elected five-member board governs each of Minnesota's 91 SWCDs.
- Interested parties file May 22nd through June 5th
- Candidates appear on the ballot for the general election on November 6, 2018
- An individual must live in a nominating district with an open supervisor position in order to run
- Supervisors do not participate in primary elections.
- Anoka County Elections office a 763/323/5275 for filing information.
- There is a $20.00 filing fee and each applicant will receive a filing packet with election regulations.