The Mission of the Anoka Conservation District is to conserve and enhance the natural resources of Anoka County.
We do this by:
- conducting monitoring and analysis,
- informing landowners and local government in natural resource management, and
- leveraging technical and financial resources to promote natural resource stewardship practices
- Focus on long-term resource sustainability.
- Make informed and ethical decisions.
- Promote cost-effective and efficient resource management.
- Partner with both public and private sectors.
- Retain highly qualified, knowledgeable staff.
- Utilize technology to achieve efficiency and enhance work products.
- Keep natural resources issues visible in Anoka County.
- Respond to opportunities and changing needs.
- Develop diverse programs, partners and funding sources.
- Utilize education and outreach in addition to technical and financial assistance to encourage natural resource stewardship.