We can help you protect Anoka County’s natural resources! ACD offers many types of financial and technical assistance to landowners and project planners in Anoka County.
Cost share programs change over time and availability of funding may be subject to project type, location, and property ownership. Listed below are types of practices that ACD may be able to help you design and install on your property. Contact ACD to learn more about conserving natural resources in your own yard!
For financial assistance, please see: ACD's Cost Share Application
ACD’s employees have expertise in a variety of areas and are available to provide assistance for projects that improve natural resource quality, quantity and distribution. Project guidance may include the following, and we will do our best to research other areas of interest or provide contact information to other experts to ensure people get the help they need.
Project guidance may be provided in any or all of the following forms:
- Site assessment - measuring site parameters, assessing the nature of the problem, and devising a solution.
- Project design - developing a design for a solution to the problem either as a general sketch or a scale drawing with a list of materials and estimated cost.
- Materials procurement - providing information on the correct materials to purchase for a project and vendors that sell them.
- Installation management - overseeing the correct installation of a project including grading, placement of structures, erosion control and plant materials.
- Monitoring - assisting with follow up inspections of a project to identify problems and create remedies for them.
- Maintenance - providing guidance on routine maintenance of practices such as mowing, thinning, pruning, and weeding.
Anoka Conservation District employees have expertise in a variety of areas and are available to provide assistance for projects that improve natural resource quality, quantity and distribution. Categories of assistance are noted on the left navigation bar. We will do our best to research other areas of interest to residents or provide contact information to other expertise to ensure people get the help they need.
For information on a specific project type, please select it below.