Mission Statement: ACD’s mission is to holistically conserve and enhance Anoka County’s natural resources for the benefit of current and future generations through partnerships and innovation.
Vision Statement: Strong partnerships - Innovative solutions - Healthy environments
Guiding Principles and Strategies
- Focus on long-term resource sustainability.
- Make informed and ethical decisions.
- Promote cost-effective and efficient resource stewardship.
- Collaborate with both public and private sectors to:
- avoid duplication;
- maximize efficiencies;
- capitalize on common interests; and
- manage natural resources at efficient and effective geographic scales.
- Utilize technology to achieve efficiency and enhance work products.
- Keep natural resource issues visible in Anoka County.
- Retain highly qualified, knowledgeable staff.
- Seize opportunity and adapt to changing needs.
- Develop diverse programs, partners, and funding sources.
- Engage the citizenry through outreach to encourage natural resource stewardship.
- Consider the economic, social and environmental costs and benefits of our actions.