We'd like to invite you and your local community leaders to join us for a series of short educational webinars during the month of June. Presentation topics will include lakeshore and riverway rules, wildlife of the Lower St. Croix watershed, and policies to protect pollinators. Our partners in Washington County partners have collaborated to hold an annual St. Croix Workshop on the Water for the past 10 years. In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, they are offering this year's workshop as a series of free webinars instead.
This year's St. Croix Virtual Workshops on the Water are offered in partnership by EMWREP, MN DNR, Washington County, and St. Croix River Association.
Lake and Shoreline Management: June 3, 2-3pm
*Offered in place of the June water consortium meeting
- Who's in charge? Understanding the different roles of state and local government - Jay Riggs, WCD
- Common scenarios: Can I do that with my property? - Angie Hong, EMWREP
- Vegetative removal and land alteration standards along shorelines - Matt Bauman - MN DNR
Landscaping and Habitat: June 10, 2-3pm
- Planting for clean water and wildlife - Angie Hong, EMWREP
- Policies to protect pollinators - Laurie Schneider, Pollinator Friendly Alliance
- St. Croix virtual wildlife safari - Greg Seitz, St. Croix 360
St. Croix Riverway: June 17, 2-3pm
- St. Croix Riverway land use regulations – Dan Petrik and Matt Bauman, MN DNR
- Ideas for innovative local shoreland, floodplain, and St. Croix land use ordinances – Dan Petrik and Matt Bauman, MN DNR
Register online to reserve your spot.